1.26.2007

Frenchies Gettin' Hot for Them Visages Tres Nouveaux

I just want to start off by saying that this is not a slam fest of France. In fact, I love France and the French. I apprecite the fries and horns that they've brought to America, I love to drop a beat to French rap, and where would we be without Jean Paul Gaultier, I mean really. J'adore eclairs, j'adore croissants, et j'aime Orangina un petite peu. (Those aren't things I actually like, my French teacher told me to say that).

But I have to ask... two questions actually... well, ok, a few qustions...

Why are French doctors so obsessed with all transplantin' people's faces lately? And why is the media billing this as some all-new, all-exciting procedure? Haven't plastic surgeons in L.A. been doing this for decades for wannabe starlets and actual starlets alike? You know, for people that actually NEED the face transplants - not like those annoying burn victims and the deformed-at-birth.

I think it was more impressive when doctors first learned that they could transplant Babboon boobs to Coutney Love's chest. And what about that other doctor performed that highly invasive surgery where Janice Dickinson swapped faces (and va-jay-jays) with a Sea Monster? Why didn't those doctors get any credit?

Now, I'm not saying that these new Frenchie docteurs shouldn't be lauded for their new-fangled face-plants, I'm just saying that those plastic surgeons in L.A. should get the credit (and the fame, monetary compensation, and luxury automobile) that they deserve. These are Hollywood careers at stake here; not the livelihood of some lesser-known Joe or Jacques just trying to get by and lead a happy, fulfilling life.

1 comment:

surya said...

hi buddy, I enjoy your blog. I don't think I always understand it-- but I like it. I'll keep reading it until, as promised, you abandon it.
surya